The Olive Festival is held every year, the first weekend in October.
New in 2015, the event will be expanded to two days: Saturday, October 3 and Sunday, October 4.
Check back soon for more details about the schedule.
Fun for the whole family! The Olive Festival features food, live music, wine tasting, arts & crafts, entertainment, kids games, drawings, prizes and much more.
A big thank you to all of the people that attended our 2014 event. A good time was had by all, and we look forward to another great festival in 2015! A special thanks to our sponsors and the many community members and volunteers that donated their time and talents to make the 2014 festival a terrific event.
Olive Festival goers voted for the Porsche they liked best to award a beautiful “People’s Choice” plaque commemorating the Olive Festival Porsche Show along with a bottle of olive oil donated by the Cheese Taster Deli. This year’s recipient was Ed Shapiro for his beautiful 1969 burgundy 912 seen in the picture enjoying his trophy and sharing his DasBrew Beer with Richard Yang. Everyone had a great time, and the Mission San Jose Chamber hopes that Golden Gate Region comes back next year for another showing of their beautiful automobiles.
Thanks to the members of the Porsche Club of America-Golden Gate Region for bringing their fabulous cars to the Olive Festival!
Photos courtesy of Rick Arellano
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm — The Canyon Band
- 12:15 pm – 2:15 pm — Chops Big Band
- 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm — Chinese Dance by the Repentance Prayer Congregation
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm — The Squeaks
Funds raised from the Olive Festival will be used for MSJ Chamber activities including the Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration at the Old School Building on Mission Boulevard, the Daffodil project and other community endeavors.
Photos courtesy of Don Jedlovec
Location: The Historic Mission San Jose is located at the intersection of Mission Blvd. and Washington Blvd., in the Mission San Jose district of Fremont.
Public Transportation: AC Transit Lines 217 and 210 will get you close to the event.
- Vendor and Handicap parking are allowed on Dominican property.
- Street parking, Ohlone College, and limited spots are available at St. Joseph’s. Parking is available at Ohlone College Lot E for $2/car, parking permits can be obtained in lots H and D.
2014 Vendors: Vendor information
- Zaman Tea – Tea and pastries – NEW
- Olivas de Oro – Olive oil, vinegars, olive oil soap
- Big Paw Olive Oil – Olive oil and balsamic
- Narsai’s Specialty Foods – Mustards, dessert toppings, etc.
- Zubrub – Olive oil based skin cream – NEW
- Fandango Olive Oil – Olive oil
- Mission Coffee – Coffee beans, hot/cold coffee drinks – NEW
- AKKA’s Gourmet Foods – Indian chutneys and simmer sauces
- Heirloom Honey – Honey
- Sweet Imaginations – Macarons and ice cream macarons – NEW
- Newport Circle Designs – Handmade glass jewelry, bowls
- World Class Kettle Corn
- Li’s International – Crystal Prisms and Charms – NEW
- Trabia Farms – Olive oil & vinegar
- Olivina, LLC – Olive oil, vinegars, olive oil soap
- Alsion Montessori School – Chapstick
- G Service – Olive oils, salame, prepared foods
- Moonshadow Grove – Organic olive oil
- Whole Foods – Bread and olives
- Dominique Honeybees – Honey and honey soap/ candles
- Apollo Olive Oil – Olive oil
- Dominican Sisters – Information – NEW
- Oso Pepper Company – Hot sauces – NEW
- D’Oliva Olive Oil – Olive oil and soaps – NEW
- Recover Our Thoughts – Journals from library books – NEW
- Medeiros Glass Art – Glass Art – NEW
- Zeetoon – Olive oil soap
Sponsors: Sponsor information
And Special thanks to our 2014 SPONSORS
- Daniel & Cheryl Escobar
- Don Jedlovec Photography
- Tom Blalock
- Robson Homes
- Heaviside Wealth Management
- Western Tax and Financial Services
- Chapel of the Angels
- Eyre Family Foundation
- Tavares & Associates Realty
- Tri-City Voice
- Das Brew
- McIvor’s Hardware
- Fremont Whole Foods
- Dominican Sisters of MSJ
- Mission Coffee Roasters
- The Cheese Taster Deli
- Aria Printing
- St. Joseph Parish Men’s Club
- Dutra Enterprises
- Collective Discovery
- Fine Arts and Eats
- Salsbury and Associates
- The Flower Pavilion
NO PETS: We love your pets, but for the safety and enjoyment of all attendees, we can’t allow them at this event.
If you would like to speak with someone about this MSJ Chamber event, please contact Don Kaefer at 510-427-3007, or email email@example.com.
Check back soon for photos of our 2014 event
Photos courtesy of MSJ Chamber photographer, Donald Jedlovec