The Mission San Jose Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of creating, enhancing and promoting business activity, fostering civic advancement, and to preserve and perpetuate Fremont’s historic district of old Mission San Jose.
The Chamber was organized in 1909. Early projects included establishing a free library, rehabilitating the fire department, securing 20 street lights for the town, sponsoring clean-up days, and working to restore the mission.
Today, the Chamber of Commerce welcomes business members, as well as individual members of the community. Our focus is on bringing together everyone in the community to celebrate our history as well as our diversity and contribution to the community.
We hope you will join us for events including the annual Christmas Tree Lighting.
Board of Directors
- Don Kaefer – President
- Sister Rose Marie Hennessy, Dominican Sisters – Vice President
- Kim Mathis – Treasurer
- Nina Moore, Robson Homes – Secretary
- Robert “Bob” Tavares, Tavares Realty
- Gillian Carson
- Gary Dorighi
- Rosemary Peterson, Alsion Montessori School
- Gael Stewart, Mission Coffee
- Dolores Ferenz, Old Mission San Jose
- Esther Gonzalez, Snap Fitness
- Hilda Furtado, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
Our Board of Directors and members meet on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:30 am, at Better Homes & Gardens Realty, 43430 Mission Blvd., Suite #100, Fremont.
- The first 45 minutes of the Board meeting will be reserved for Board business
- Members and guests will be welcome starting at 8:15 am.
Additional committee and event planning meetings will be scheduled on an as-needed basis.